We love the world that Wikipedia has introduced: Free information that will be valid for the next 500 years and for everybody's use. Many companies have created databases of the Russian language, but the data was never shared. Our data is getting better every day and is free for download by everyone so other portals and apps can build on this.
We have a good core database and users have contributed exactly ... enhancements for the data so far.
We want to keep improving the data and constantly add new fields, e.g. which grammatical cases go with which verb. In the end we want to be the best vocabulary portal that we can be, to support learners worldwide looking up words.
Since our beginning, the quality of data has improved a lot. In detail:
- Database: Contains ... words by now, with inflections for ... nouns, ... adjectives, and conjugations for ... verbs
- Translations: Currently ... translation entries available
- Frequencies: A frequency list of about 32,000 words is loaded (^^)
- Database dump: Available here
We also started a second site, the spanish dictionary!
So far we are using data from
- Tatoeba Sentences
- Wiktionary Attributes & flexions
- Dicipedia Translations
- Starling Flexions
- Shtooka Audio
- radio-browser.info Radio stations
We are working on:
- Recording all 400,000 sentences with real peoples' voices
- Developing a mobile application (finally!)
Check out our partner site OpenSpanish.org! Spanish Dictionary
Legally responsible for this website is